Friday, July 3, 2009

Gambling

My parents and I agree on condemning lotteries. We feel that it is like drugs, once we get hooked on, it is very difficult to stop. My mother especially pointed out that instead of spending the money on lottery why not put it in a safe deposit account. I found this very useful. I thought to myself, the main reasons people want to start gambling is that the wanted to have the thrill of earning money.

Hence, if they truly want to earn more money, they could get a better job or start up a safe deposit. The chances of winning big in a lottery are like a million to one, instead of wasting money on lottery, why not starts a deposit. It’s definitely much safer than gambling. “If you lose your money while gambling, you can never get it back. However, in a fixed deposit you can get back with interest.” My mother quoted this and it is very meaningful. However, there are a lot of gamblers that pay no heed to this.

They added that gambling not only cause monetary problems but family problems as well. I definitely do not think that it is worth it to quarrel with your family over gambling issues. Gambling is certainly not worth it!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shi Jie,

    You have some insightful comments here! Do keep it up! :)

    Ms Yeo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ong Sean: follow my blog, i will follow urs

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you for taking your time off to comment.